Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Escape from Mt. Moon

Ive always lived by the motto “the path of least resistance is the path for me”, never wanting to do more then what was necessary. I always asked why when ever I was told to do something so that I could weigh out the pros and cons, trying to figure out weather or not I wanted to do it. I know that this is natural and in nature this was a mechanism that we developed to conserve precious energy. We no longer live in a world where this is a concern, especially here in American we are probably the most accommodating country out there. I can no longer blame the culture or my animalistic tendencies, I know that the problem exists and I have to take charge of what I am doing. So how do I do this? Well its not going to be over night thats for sure I have to realize the extent of my problems and what caused them to get to that point.


My problems:
  • My room is a mess 
  • My bathroom is a mess 
  • Car is a mess 
  • Hard drive on my old computer is a mess 
  • I’m a mess (have yet to shower this morning)
  • Haven’t built my desk/ rearrange my room 
  • My health and weight are a mess

Now I have to pick one of these and work on fixing that, really focusing on the task at hand. I chose to exercise, I know that most of you are thinking that keeping things clean isn't that hard and that I should be able to keep things clean and work out. What if I told you that I was to tiered from all the running and training that I have been doing? Yea that wasn't good enough for me either, its because I am lazy. Its as simple as that I may have bad habits but either way I make a choice. I chose to do the same thing day in and day out. I have to believe that I have more control over myself and my future, then to let my habits take control. So I am going to be realistic with myself, and make a todo list that I’m going to get done today, not missing a single thing.


To do list:
  • Clean my room 
  • Clean my bathroom
  • Clean up my old hard drive 
  • Take a shower 
  • Run 6 miles at the waterfront 


Before I start to work on the list, I have to think about what I was doing wrong before whenever I tried to complete these task that have been on my to do list for way to long now. Well one thing that I’ve always tried to do and have failed at miserably was watching tv and cleaning my room. It may be because I'm a guy and we cant multi task, or that I cant multi task as well as others can regardless of gender. What ever the cause of it is, I know that its something that will prevent me from staying off my ass. It will keep me in my seat and stuck on the tv. Maybe I was just looking for a distraction because I really never want to clean anything. Weed is my other problem, I know that most people would disagree and the rest would agree with weed being my problem. With out going to far into it I agree with both sides. I do know (from personal experience) that you can buy different strains of weed and it will effect you differently. Some will get you “high”, uplifted and extremely happy, others will make you “stoned”  stuck, lazy, and sleepy. They do differ more then that but thats the jest. I used to think that if I got the type of weed that has been shown to make me energetic and motivated, I would get shit done. I was wrong and it wasn't because of the weed it was because of me and the state of mind that I was in. I was looking for an escape from my messy room, TV and Weed were my escape rope from Mt. Moon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment